- Word Report Builder is an
easy and convenient tool for the creation and customization of reports
which takes advantage of the formatting and presentation capabilities of
Microsoft Word. The program allows the rapid construction of reports as
forms, columnar reports and master detail reports. To link to your database,
the program dialogue boxes can be used, or the user may choose SQL. Word
Report Builder is intended to be a powerful replacement for Report Smith
in Delphi programs. While Quick Report is feature rich, we believe that
the power, combined with simplicity and convenience of Word Report Builder
should cover a wide variety of your printing needs. In order to function
correctly, it is necessary that you have the Inprise (Borland) BDE versions
5.0 installed and also MS Word 7.0, 8.0 or 2000. If you do not have a suitable
version of the BDE, we recommend that you download it from our Web page.
Two possibilities are available for the choice of datasource for your reports:
- 1) Your own application
can generate the data for which the report is to be generated. In this
case, the Word Report Builder will construct the report based on the data
contained in a temporary table.
2) Word Report Builder can make use of SQL through a query editor which is part of the program. This allows the formation of pre-defined reports which are run at a regular interval – e.g. aged debtor &c.
This manual covers operating instructions for WordReportBuilder.
- A GUI style design environment, which allows the user to design their reports visually inside MS Word.
- On screen preview facilities, also within Word.
- Reports can be saved and then viewed and printed as pure Word documents – there is no need to send any additional executables to third parties to whom you wish to send reports.
- Word Report Builder allows the creation of Master/Detail style reports – e.g. Customer/Orders &.c.
- The GUI interface means that the learning curve is minimal and that users can be operational with a minimum of delay.
- Word Report Builder has the ability to produce mailing labels and multi-column reports using the capacities of Word.
- The power of SQL can be harnessed for maximum efficiency in the creation of your reports.
- The reports are created and printed rapidly.
- The page size can automatically be scaled down in order to print several report pages on each sheet of printer paper. The use of different fonts, sizes, styles and colours is fully supported, just as it is under Word. In fact, it is by harnassing the power of Word that gives Word Report Builder these abilities.
- Reports may be printed in Portrait or Landscape mode.
- No technical knowledge is needed in order for the user to customise his or her own reports.
- It is possible to call the Word Report Builder from other programmes.
which should be considered seriously by any organisation with a need to effectively and efficiently disseminate information both between their own staff and to clients, suppliers &c.